One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Monday, December 12, 2016

Merry Monday # 226 Winter Fun

We only have one more week after this one for our Merry Monday Christmas Challenge,
then we will all be taking a break to enjoy the time with family and friends.
I hope you will join us for these two challenges!
Lori is looking for a winter fun activity on your card!
I remember when we would get snow, sledding was the most fun thing to do...and I lived in Seattle as a young girl, so lots of hills to go down!
And even after moving to Oregon didn't change the landscape...still lots of hills and so much fun sledding with our own children and even grandchildren!

Heart Hugs, friends!



12 comments:

Linda said...

Love your background and that pretty tree die. And the great sled. Lovely card my friend.

Maria said...

Beautiful card with the awesome sled! Looks like the one I had as a child...so fun! Love your pretty snowy background, too!

Kay Miller said...

Well that is just as pretty as can be! I love your snowy sky and those birch trees! Beautiful work on this!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful wintry scene Colleen, I love the wonderful details. Have a fabulous week.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your sled among the birch trees, Colleen!

Marcia Hill said...

What a beautiful scene you've created Colleen! Almost makes me want to like snow...NOT!! We've had over a foot in just the past few days and I'm ready for Summer! Lovely, lovely card though. Hope you're having a great week my friend!! :0)

Birgit said...

I have wonderful memories of sledding as well. Our neighbors had a toboggan and we would load the toboggan with as many of us that would fit and slide down the big hill at pollywog pond. haha! Your card evokes such warm memories. <3 Merry Christmas to you and your family Colleen!

Bonnie said...

I have so many happy memories of sledding in Vermont when I was a child! Now I love to sit by the fire and watch the kids (big and small) sliding down the hill across from our house. So this brings back lot of fun memories!

Babs said...

I loved sledging as a child too, and also with my three children when they were small, I love your wintery scene it brought back such happy memories..

Hugs Babs x

Greta said...

LOVE this beautiful, fun card, Linda! Perfectly crafted! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, my friend!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Love this card and the snow! We had a park in our town with a small hill when I was growing up. It was a very busy place when it snowed. All of the kids would take their sleds for a ride. Such fun! Hope your holiday is wonderful! Hugs!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

This is so pretty! And yes, sledding was so fun!