One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Seize the Birthday ~ Floral~

Today it is all about Florals for our Topping.
Remember you are always welcome to make any kind of BIRTHDAY card if you don't want to do the 'toppings'!
I wanted to try a technique I saw from Jennifer McGuire doing DISTRESS INK LIFTING.
I white embossed my flower from HA: Marianne's Flowers and then wiped the Seedless Preserves over the whole paper.
Watch the video...because Jennifer explains it step by step...
After lifting some of the color, I went back in and added some Picked Raspberry to the petals.  A little pearl gem in the center and a sentiment from PTI Wet Paint and I call it good!
 
Thank you for stopping by and taking a look !
I am looking forward to seeing what you create.
This challenge will be open until Tuesday April 19th at 9 AM.


10 comments:

Loll said...

Such a great technique ... and a pretty card. Lifting and then adding a second colour give the blooms lots of interest and dimension (along with the great colour combo!). Great job Colleen! xx

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous job using that ink lifting technique! Such rich color and a beautiful contrast with the white.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Have done this technique, Colleen...
.... but oh love the richness of picked raspberry a really great card...
... And what a great colour.. might need to see if can find it :) or not, am supposedly on a bad for mo.. again..
Shaz in Oz.x

Unknown said...

I like your flowers!! The deep purple with the white is stunning.

Maria said...

Oh, what a lovely technique with the gorgeous flowers! Such pretty rich color, too!

Nancy said...

This technique is on my list to try soon. You did a great job Colleen! Love the rich deep color too!

Brenda in IN said...

What a beautiful card. I just watched the video and it is one technique I need to try. The seedless preserves is a gorgeous color and the addition of picked raspberry really made the petals stunning and realistic.

Patti said...

Oh wow!! this is really beautiful!! I will have to check out this tutorial. Thank you for the link. Thank you too Colleen for your sweet and warm welcome to STB! I am so excited to a guest with this talented team!!

(((Hugs)))
Patti

Jodene said...

I love this panel you have created, and that technique looks awesome! Gorgeous card :)

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Love the flowers and rich color!