One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Two - Fer & Time Out Challenge


Trying a new technique we saw from Loll and Lin and I LOVED it.
We went to town making many pieces of paper with different colors.
I decided to make a Two-Fer (in Darnell's words).  
One is an Easter Card, the other is a St. Patrick's Day card
First up is the Easter Card...the background green was made using the Faux Mother of Pearl technique (by Loll)  I didn't have liquid pearls, but I did have a little dabber of pearl acrylic paint, so we used that and also tried the Viva Pearl Pen (which worked fine but dried rather quickly).  After dabbing on the pearl paint with a wad of cling film, I used distress inks: twisted citron and mowed lawn.  It is hard to capture the real shine of this card.
The eggs were all cut out from other papers that I did (an MFT die from Easter bunny stamp set), just using different distress inks.  The bunny is from Lil' Inkers Stitched Bunnies & Bows and the sentiment is from an old PTI set called Egg Hunt.
The Frame is from MFT:  Stitched cover up (my friend brought that along for me to play with, so glad she did!)
I am entering this in the Time Out Challenge
Easter and/or Spring with the optional technique twist of masking.

NOW FOR THE TWO-FER:
 I have a SIL whose birthday is on St. Patrick's day, so I always have to make him a card and add Happy Birthday inside.  I sponged some mowed lawn onto paper then die cut these memory Box shamrocks...notice one is a four leaf shamrock?  He will have Good Luck, now!

Okay, now I am going to see what else I can make with these gorgeous papers.
Heart Hugs friends!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love this FMOP technique with this green! Perfect for Easter and St. Patrick's Day!

Lynn said...

Love how that bunny is hopping on over to the eggs. Too cute. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!