One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Monday, March 7, 2016

Merry Monday # 195 Buttons!

Welcome to another Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge by the fabulous Nina...
who wants us to use buttons on our cards!
Now I admit to having to think about this one and looking on pinterest for some ideas that were different.
I managed to come up with this all on my own...
How about buttons for the snowballs falling from the sky?
or maybe he is being attacked with snowballs?  *wink
I stamped and colored him, then made a mask and fussy cut and put it over the colored image so I could use distress ink to sponge on the background.
Please go check out how the rest of the team was inspired to use buttons!
stamps:  Avery Elle: Be Jolly
distress inks:  tumbled glass, broken china, dusty concord
dies:  PTI button stacks
misc:  Marvy Snow Marker

13 comments:

  1. What an adorable card, Colleen! Love the buttons as falling snow and that snowman is the cutest! TFS and have a terrific week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this my friend. That little snowman is just adorable. I am so glad we get to stamp together this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First ,happy belated birthday dear girl! So sorry I missed it:( I hope you and Linda have the best time together.
    The buttons for snow is absolutely brilliant! Love this darling card! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to use buttons for snowfall, Colleen! Sorry I missed your birthday. I need to put it on my calendar. Hope is was a good one! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's snowing buttons, how creative you are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your button snowfall caught my eye and made me smile :) i also love the sky background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Colleen, I love this adorable scene you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your snowing buttons, Colleen! Such a fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought your buttons were snowflakes, but if you want them to be falling snowballs, who am I to argue?!! Either way, your card is absolutely adorable Colleen!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhhhh, I just love your sweet snowman. What a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun & creative, Colleen! I know you 2 had fun & looks like you must have inspired each other with so many great creations! I'll be looking to see the Inka Gold cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment...it makes my day!