One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Faux Mother of Pearl Card

I loved this background...Lin did it first and I had to copy, it is so pretty.
After using the pearl dabber, I sponged on Distress ink:  picked raspberry and seedless preserve.  I die cut a stem from SSS:fresh daisy in white and simply adhered it to the beautiful background.  I am in need of sympathy cards, so I added a sentiment from PTI Words of Comfort.  The layers are Lil' Inkers Stitched Rectangles.
A simple card, but I love how it looks..
Heart Hugs friends, we are still going at it!!

4 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. Love the technique on the background.

Maria said...

So pretty in gorgeous color! A perfect sympathy card!

Bonnie said...

Simply beautiful, Colleen!

Aileen said...

Love your Faux Mother of Pearl and the colour you used. That flower is perfect to use with this look. I have seen it around quite often but everytime I have gone to purchase, its been sold out. Its one of those pieces that always looks wonderful. Certainly less fussy than the ones I ended up buying and barely use because they just don't achieve the same look.