One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Day 6 of the Intermediate Watercolor Class

Did you notice I skipped day 3, 4, and 5 and went right to day 6?
I will try to go back this week and revisit those days...some were way over my head and NOT something I could tackle.  I can barely draw a flower stem let alone freehand a whole background of leaves and flowers!!  Trust me it is so TRUE!
But when I saw Jennifer McGuire's interpretation of this class, I gave it a try...practiced front and back on a whole sheet...finally felt comfortable to make a card...
So here it is...
Thanks for stopping by and looking!!

8 comments:

Ger said...

this turned out so pretty! Jennifer's take on the class was definitely a lot less scary. Ger x

Linda said...

Beautiful Col. You have certainly mastered this technique.

Carol H. said...

This is great! I'm with you about some lessons being way over my head! I couldn't get this one down either. Maybe because I'm left-handed and was trying to do it like Jennifer?? Who knows! Haha! Your cards are so pretty!!!! You mastered this one!

Marcia Hill said...

Gorgeous!! Love the color on this one! I think you're doing a fabulous job in this class Colleen and I'm definitely enjoying seeing all your efforts! Keep up the great work! :0)

Marybeth said...

Linda ,all I know it this poppy is gorgeous! This is so well done you look like a pro,maybe you can give me some lessons!

Bonnie said...

I haven't got to Day 6 yet. This is gorgeous! Now I can't wait to get to it!

Nancy said...

Awesome!!!!

purplecinn said...

Perfect! I know what you mean about days 3 and 4 lol. I've skipped quite a few of the harder techniques for now! Plan to work on some more day 5 tonight!