One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Seize the Birthday "Anything that Flies! Aug 13

Hi Friends!  
Are you ready to "take off" for another 
The "Topping" is ANYTHING THAT FLIES!

I made this special birthday card for my younger daughter who is 36!
We had quite a journey with her through high school and her early 20's.
I was brought to my knees by her and did hours of praying to have her saved...you see she was a heroin addict...amazing I know.
We buried her best friend from an overdose and her mother came up to me and said, "you are so lucky".  It still sends chills up me to think how this could have ended so differently.
It was NOT luck, it was a lot of prayers.
I knew I had help building a foundation with her and I just continued to pray that the cornerstones would not crumble and break.
He answered my prayers!
She is now 13 years clean and sober with three children.
I am so incredibly proud of her and delight in her presence every single day!
She is an amazing Mommy and wife and one of the best (I have two!) daughters a mother could ask for.

Once again I was reminded that I must always Trust in the Lord and always, always give thanks to Him for blessing me with faith and answering my prayers.
Every day is a day of celebration with her.
So on that HAPPY note, friends, I hope you will join us in this challenge and create something that flies!  I chose the butterfly because it changes in an amazing way and so did my daughter.  

THE TOPPING IS "ANYTHING THAT FLIES"

8 comments:

Maria said...

Thank you for sharing the heartfelt post, Colleen! Prayers are heard by our dear Lord and I'm so happy to hear that your daughter chose to make a change for the better! Your card made for your daughter is so beautiful and perfect...love the butterfly and sentiments! I'm sure she will love it!

Marybeth said...

Colleen! What a wonderful post you shared today. Your faith is a blessing for sure and thank God you had it when you went through this difficult time. I am so glad your prayers were answered. Congratulations to your daughter!
I could go on and on but I will get to this gorgeous card, it’s stunning!
You made me laugh when I read your comment on my blog and now you made me teary eyed . HUGS and God bless!

JoAnn said...

What a heartfelt post Colleen. I am so thankful your daughter is saved and drug free. What a reason to celebrate. You are definitely right. Prayers change things and we must never give up our faith in the Lord, even though we don't always understand why things happen. God Bless you, your daughter and her family.
I love your beautiful card with that pretty butterfly. That is a wonderful sentiment on the inside too.

Marcia Hill said...

A beautiful card and a beautiful post and tribute to the power of prayer! This post made me teary too, as I spent many, many years on my knees praying too for my oldest daughter during her teen years (Addy's mom). While my daughter did not struggle with a drug addiction, she struggled with a misdiagnoses of bi-polar disease, and many drugs that did not help and actually made things worse! Thankfully the Lord provided a doctor who was able to correctly diagnose her, and she is happier now than I have ever seen her...God is good! And I'm SO happy you have reason to celebrate your daughter each year now...yes, GOD IS GOOD!!

Greta said...

Thank you for sharing, Colleen. You are blessed God answered your prayers. I know your daughter will adore this wonderfully designed card!

Brenda in IN said...

What a wonderful outcome for your daughter. God is in charge and we don't know why things like that happen but I'm so happy that she is a great wife and mother and has given you lovely grandchildren. Your card is such an inspirational, sweet card. Don't be surprised if it brings tears to her eyes.

Darnell said...

I am so moved, Colleen. I am thankful that all your prayers were answered and your outcome was a beautiful one for your family and now for your daughter's precious family. I am reminded, too, that behind closed doors everyone has their cross to bear in this life. Thank you so much for sharing so we can celebrate with you all! Your card is stunning and now we know that it speaks volumes! Huge hugs! Darnell

Kelly said...

Beautiful card and sentiments!