One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Friday, January 30, 2015

Revisiting Day 1 Faux Ceramic tiles Online Clean & Simple

Before I started on today's cards, I had this idea and needed to try it.
I am using Julie Ebersole's idea of inking up "inchies" for a faux ceramic tile look.
The die cut is from PTI Scent-imentals and inked up with distress ink and a dauber.
The sentiment is from Think Big #11.
My stripes for the background was made using Impression Obsession thin stripes background rubber stamp, but it didn't have enough sparkle to it, so I added some silver Wink of Stella to all the lines.
I also added Wink of Stella to the Hershey kiss...gold on gold, silver on silver and clear on the heart!
thanks for taking a look!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Came out great!! Super idea!

Linda said...

Very, very cute. I like this technique.

anja curvers said...

Very cute I love this technique you will find a card showing this technique on my blog tomorrow.