One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Another card for Day 1 Online Class ~ 3 D Embossing

Are we all having fun learning new techniques?  These girls are just beyond crazy creative!
Here is my take on Kristina's card with a 3 D embossing technique:
I am still in the mood for Valentines cards, so I pulled out PTI background basics: heart.
I stamped it with raspberry fizz, then again with versamark and gold embossing powder.
Now this card was suppose to be a one layer card with the illusion that the background was all one stamp (it isn't, you have to stamp it multiple times to cover the sheet) so I masked it off, repeatedly stamped the hearts with the pink ink, then I went back and used versamark and gold embossing powder.  Yeah, then I was ready to stamp "happy"...cool, all done and embossed with gold, when I was getting ready to adhere my banner I realized I stamped the "happy" upside down!  OH NO!!  After all that work I just couldn't start over, so I decided to just cut a strip and add it on top of my boo boo...I am sure you have never done anything like that, right?  *wink* 
So there you have it...kind of makes your eyes go all wiggly doesn't it?
Go out and make it a great day and thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Linda said...

Very cool. That happy die is very hard to tell which way it goes.