One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Friday, September 19, 2014

CASE Study # 209

The fabulous Debbie Hughes is our inspiration on Case Study challenge this week.
 
I used the feathers and embossed in white as my inspiration.  I couldn't help but add one more little color to the mix!  I added a strip of "PTI tropical teal" through one feather. (I borrowed this technique from Maile Belles on another card and I am still playing around with it...I will probably use it so much you all will be sick of seeing it!  ha!!)  The sentiment is from PTI happy trails.
 
Well, here we are in the wonderful Pacific Northwest with our awesome Fall weather!
Today is suppose to be 79, but then it is heating up over the weekend into the very high 80's!!
I am spending the day tomorrow with a group of ladies that I went to high school with...oh we have so much fun catching up and talking, talking, talking..not to mention laughing!
5 of us pile into a car and drive about 1 1/2 hours to another classmates home that is on the Mackenzie River...she is the hostess with the mostess and provides us with a bountiful lunch from her garden...and of course always a light dessert!  We always look forward to this yearly gathering.
 
Have a great weekend!
Heart Hugs!
 

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card with the lovely feathers, vellum, and sequins! Hope you are enjoying a wonderful time with your high school friends...have fun!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet it was beautiful on the river--what a fun thing to do! I really love your feathers--stunning creation, Colleen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wauw! The white on the Kraft is great! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow Colleen such a beautiful card love it. Thanks for joining us over at case study challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that little touch of teal. It's so subtle but adds a punch to the white. I know you'll have a great time with your friends. It's so nice that you all keep in touch. Perfect sentiment for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a really lovley card! Love the little space you left!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASE Study!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment...it makes my day!