One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Monday, August 25, 2014

Life goes on...now that SAF is over!

Four years ago Linda and I went to  Medjugorje, Croatia
with a group of pilgrims, many from my parish.
So every summer when she is down here, we host a luncheon and renew our friendships and catch up.
We have always given a way a little token gift that we make of course!
Last year, after doing the SAF we had plenty of Shrinky Dinks left over, so we die cut some crosses, colored them with copics and then watched them shrink up!
We made bookmarks with a bible verse and added the cross to it,
the ladies loved it!
 
This year when we were brainstorming what to make for them,
we came up with the idea to use an MIM project from earlier this year.  We went to a Dollar store and found notepads for $1.
 
We went to town and each designed a new cover for our notepads:
You can guess that Linda made hers with butterflies!!
I love the "Friends Forever" stamp from SSS!
I think when you travel to a foreign country with like minded people, experiencing the mystery and
awesomeness of people who love the Lord and our Blessed Mary it binds you for a lifetime.
That experience was definitely one that will always be the trip of a lifetime for me and it enriched my relationship with Our Lord.
I chose to use the Beautiful Brushstrokes from PTI.
And because the sentiment reminds me of the bible verse:
"Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:4
and to remember who gave us this day we used this one from the same stamp set!
I think the ladies will love keeping this on their desk and using it every single day!
 
Heart Hugs!
 

5 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, wow and wow. Not only did you and Linda have a great time, you made some terrific cards! I laughed out loud at both of your stamping story mishaps and can imagine how much fun that was. How wonderful that you got to go to Medjugorje and that you still meet up with your group each year. They will love the notepads and thanks for the idea of crosses made with shrink plastic. I love the mosaic cards you made.

Lindsey said...

What a fabulous gift idea! Love the verse you shared, too. This whole post just made me smile.

Patti said...

Beautiful notebooks and truth!! : )

Patti

Greta said...

Great choice--I know these will be so loved!

Darnell said...

This brought tears to my eyes. You ladies are living angels, so caring and so giving! It's a pleasure to know you both! Hugs, Darnell