One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, August 16, 2014

CASE Study Anniversary Week 2 Card 3

The Second Week of the CASE Study Anniversary Blog Hop is going on...today I am casing Maureen Merritt .
 
and this is the first card I made:
 
I was thinking to do a one layer card, but this is just NOT doing a thing for me.
I used a Crafters Workshop stencil with a mask.  I think it would have been better if I cut out the circle, it just needs some dimension.
So I decided to try again and this time I thought of my BFF because we are going to Hawaii in 90 days!! So this is for her!
I cut out the circle, then I used a Tim Holtz sun ray stencil.  The tropical flowers are from MFT Tropical Sensations!  I like this one much better...and this is for you LIN!!
CASE Study 4th Anniversary
 
Heart Hugs!
 


10 comments:

  1. I think both cards are fabulous. Great takes on the challenge. Course I really love the Aloha one. The countdown is on....And two more days and we get to craft together. Tomorrow I will be getting things ready to come down. Yeah.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! That second card just got me super excited for your trip. Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the cards are very pretty but you're right; the Aloha is a certainly a WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the first one & then I saw the second one which stole the show--wowzer, what a beauty, Colleen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first card is great but the second card is fabulous! I hope you and your BFF have lots of fun in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colleen, your bright and beautiful works of art always bring a smile to my face! I know your sweet BFF is going to keep that card front and center on her craft table to remind her your trip is getting closer ... closer!! In fact, she might copy it and put one on the kitchen counter, one on the bedroom dresser, on inside the medicine cabinet ... !! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow! I like both cards equally! Such pretty color with stencil and details on the first card! And, the second card has those wonderful bright flowers! Not many more days until Hawaii...how fun! We were there in 2005 to the Big Island...so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards, Colleen! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! Love how you did the sunray background! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, I love both! Love the sunburst and pop of color. Thanks so much for CASEing me, I'm truly honored!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment...it makes my day!