One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Friday, July 11, 2014

CASE Study Challenge # 199

I watched a video on Jennifer McGuire's Blog  and she used a resist technique with a twist.
She actually stamped with dye ink, then after it dried, she stamped over it, but slightly off center with versamark.  I must also mentioned she used a Rangers Specialty Stamping Paper but she said a Glossy Paper would work also.  I had some glossy paper, so that is what I used.
I stamped my images from Beautiful Brushstrokes with various colors of PTI dye ink, then stamped over with versamark ink.  I heat set it so it would all be dry.
Then I embossed my sentiment using Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder.
After I was sure everything was dry, I took a pad of Hero Arts Soft Lilac Shadow Ink and rubbed it over the whole paper!!  I used a paper towel to wipe off the excess and to get it off the images. 
The white that you see is from stamping with versamark off the image.
 
You must go watch the video and see how Jennifer did it.
A normal resist is embossing with a clear or a white powder and then sponging or rubbing your ink over it and the embossed images resists the ink.  This technique shows stamping with colors, but to preserve the colors, you stamp over it with the versamark ink.  NO embossing powder is used!
 
I am entering this card in the CASE Study Challenge .
Thanks for taking a look.  Have a great weekend!


 
PTI Beautiful Brushstrokes
Mama Elephant: Make a Wish

 




7 comments:

  1. Wow Colleen that is such a fun technique. Your card end up looking so cool! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the Case Study card & I love how that technique came out! Thanks for all the info, Colleen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...what a fabulous and festive birthday card! I love it and can't wait to give this technique a try. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful card, I have to check out this technique, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing technique, Colleen! Great result! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love the color and the great technique! Thanks so much for joining us for the latest CASE Study Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks awesome!
    Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment...it makes my day!