One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Friday, June 13, 2014

Case Study and Color Throwdown

My last Father's Day card, for my Dad!
He has a big vegetable garden...
actually he made a lot of raised beds with some old decking redwood this last year.
however he has a big orchard and he loves flowers to take to my mom's grave a lot during the year.
So I thought a flower card would be okay for him!
He actually used to be in the Chrysanthemum Society, so I know he loves flowers!
I used the inspiration from Case Study by Pamela Ho this time
and the colors from Color Throwdown .
The flowers are  mostly from W Plus9 Fresh Cut Florals
I used Distress Markers and PTI Simply chartreuse for the leaves.
the Happy is a die cut from PTI and the rest of the sentiment is from PTI On the Links!
hmmm, the pinks are popping out a much brighter color than on my card...they are a softer rose and pink on the card.
 
Thanks for taking a look! 
happy Weekend everyone!
I have one more picture to share...my granddaughter graduated from 5th grade this morning, I wanted to share a picture of her and her mommy.  Her mother is the one who had stage 4 lymphoma last year and went through Chemo, when she lost her hair, Lily, shaved off all her hair also!
 
Heart Hugs,
Colleen
 
 
 
 
 


14 comments:

  1. Colleen, this card is so beautiful! I'm sure your Dad will love it. Great CASE! I'm tempted to now CASE your card in turn, WOW! Beautiful photo of your grand-daughter and her Mum, their eyes sparkle. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow another great card Colleen. Your dad is going to love this one and such a great picture of your daughter and granddaughter brings tears to my eyes. Congrats for your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fabulous! Awesome combination of the challenges! Your granddaughter and her mom are beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card with these bright and beautiful flowers! Good for your Dad to garden! It's good for the soul and well as the table. And what a beautiful family! Very special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous! Love the bold, bright spray of flowers against the crisp white background. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful! Your daughter and granddaughter are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a gorgeous card, love those flowers, the colors, the design! And such a wonderful happy photo of daughter and granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable girls! Congrats!
    Colleen ,your card wind all challenges in my book....too bad I don't get to pick.this card is stunning!
    We are doing raised beds for the first time this year. I would love to ask your dad a ton of questions,if he lived next door.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card!m your daughter and granddaughter are very lucky.... Lots of love!! Thxs for playing at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Colleen. Love those tiny flowers, the collage, the shading... just perfect. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! This is stunning! Love your masking and the beautiful colors! Thanks so much for joining this week's challenge at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card! I think an awful lot of men like flowers too and I bet your father just love this card. Beautiful photo of your granddaughter and her mother - they have lovely smiles :) Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word what amazing young women~tears in my eyes Colleen! I stopped by to tell you I saw your beautiful, beautiful card was drawn at The Color Throwdown and it means guest stamper too! What a blessing~ ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment...it makes my day!