One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Watercolor Online Card class

Here are DAY 1 cards for the Online Card Class "Watercolor"
I have been looking forward to this class,
I am NOT an artist, so I will wait to see if I like this technique,
so far, so good.
 

 
Day 1 showed three instructors giving videos showing water coloring with three different techniques. The first card was water colored, then  stencil was laid down and pressed into the colors to leave a slight impression.
The second card used distress ink onto a stamping block, spritzed with water and them placed in the center of the card..each color was overlapped and dried, a second stamping was applied to add depth to the color.
The third card was a heat embossed and then a resist water color.
 
Thanks for taking a look!
Heart Hugs,
Colleen
 


6 comments:

Linda said...

Great cards Col. You got the first technique to work.... Beautiful.

Marjan said...

Always nice to learn new techniques! You did great withbthese cards, the second one caught my eye because od the vibrant colors, I love it!

Marybeth said...

You already look like a pro, with these cards! Colleen I love them all and I should have taken the class. That first one is simply stunning ! Hope you are doing well my friend.

Tracey McNeely said...

All of your water colouring is fabulous Colleen! You are going to be teaching the class next time! I really love the first one, all those purples!

Greta said...

Looks to me like you're a natural at watercolor, Colleen! All 3 cards look fabulous!

Shirley said...

Okay, I am thinking it was one of these cards that was used as a CAS on the other blog. Your first card is mesmerizing! Like floating on air. The second one is so vibrant and uplifting, and the third one really is 'amazing'!!