One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Online Watercolor Class Day 3

Today Jennifer Rzasa did basic stamping with watercolor.
just so happened I had the stamp set she used, so I pretty much copied hers, just changed out the colors as I do not have very many memento inks.
I used distress inks instead.
Basically it was stamping and then spritzing with water to get the look of watercolor.
Sadly this was the only card I made today...not that I didn't try to do more,
most of the rest ended up in the recycling bin!
 
I am learning a lot about the different watercolor mediums
and it is always good to learn new things, right?
I just wish mine would turn out as good as the instructors,
they make it look so easy!!
 
Tomorrow is another day, though...so
more inspiration to come!
Heart Hugs,
Colleen

4 comments:

Linda said...

Great job on this. You are coming up with lots of different stamp sets that I haven't seen before. So cute.

Greta said...

Well this card came out beautiful, Colleen! Love the look!

MaryH said...

Hi Colleen, Just found your link (and some lovely words about your help) over at Inkspired to Stamp. So hopped on over to meet a new friend. Any friend of Brenda's and Our Darnell, is already a friend of mine! So I'm your newest follower. I am taking the w/c class too, but so far not done any of the work or seen the videos. I am, however, enjoying what I'm seeing other bloggers doing. Just enjoyed Brenda's work, and so happy you could help her with the upload problem. Have seen Miss Darnell's work & of course it's super too. Love what you did and how lucky that you had the exact stamps Jennifer used. Your DInks made a lovely bright color & from what I've read, DI's are great for W/coloring. I'm looking forward to trying all these beautiful techniques & I'm enjoying the inspiration I'm seeing the rest of you share. Beautiful card, and lovely to meet you. TFS

Shirley said...

I am so doing this class once I finish the stencil one. I love your flowers and leaves and the way you used them. I really like the hello die cut too! I use Twinks all the time and know I will learn a lot!!