One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches # 129

Over at Freshly Made Sketches I decided to make another Easter card...actually as I am skyping with my friend Linda  over at her blog we decided to use this sketch and both use PTI Polka Dot Parade #1 the bunny and see how different or the same they would turn out...truthfully I like hers better *wink...I struggle with pattern paper...I think I laid down and cut out about three different kinds until I finally settled on this...what does that tell you?  We did both use the exact same sentiment though!!
So this is two down and two more to go for Easter cards...I always send my aunts cards every month to let them know that I am thinking of them and praying for them...they are all in their 90's.
 
Okay, maybe my friend and I will do another challenge and I can get another Easter card made!
 
It is a stormy day here...lots of wind and lots of rain!
 
Heart Hugs,
Colleen

4 comments:

Linda said...

That was fun Col. Very cute card. Good job.

Brenda in IN said...

You've gotten a good jump on your Easter cards. This is as cute as can be with your polka dot bunny. I think you make a good choice with the patterned paper. It is cheerful and spring like. The pearls are a sweet touch. Linda's card is cute too with her polka dot bunny.

Karren said...

That bunny is just the cutest! Gorgeous card! I can relate about the patterned paper - it's not something I naturally go for on my cards! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cindy Hall said...

Love your card! I love how you and your friend challenged each other to use the challenge and the same stamp set. Very fun idea and I love to see the different results of style and design.