One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, September 12, 2013

CASE Study # 157 Card # 2

Once again, this card is for the CASE study Challenge # 157.
Here is the card to be studying by Kathy Racoosin:
                                                                                                                         Again, I saw the background stripes and the flower along with the vellum...this time I used the Autumn Pattern Pieces for the stripes and Ruby Rose for the flowers...I also tried following a technique that Besty Veldman demonstrated on the SAF day, which was following the principal of Gallon, Quart, Pint...in other words, select three colors, the primary color being used is shown predominately on the card, the second color is used less than the first, but more than the third color.  Finally, the pint color is just a bit of it...I hope you all will agree that Spring Rain is the predominant color, therefore, my GALLON!  Next, I was hoping it would be the spring moss color, as I used it on the background, but also several times on the leaves.  finally the winter wisteria was used only once in the background, but two times on the flowers.  Well, I think this is right, what do you think?  Did I meet the requirements for the Gallon, Quart, and Pint Challenge?

5 comments:

  1. Love both of your CASE Study card--fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, especially the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Col. I haven't even inked up the Autumn Pattern Pieces yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And again - a really great interpretation and yet so different from your other card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment...it makes my day!