One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, September 5, 2013

An anniversary card...

Of all things, I get an email from someone saying she saw one of my anniversary cards and was wondering if I could make one for her first wedding anniversary based on the one she saw, with just some color changes.  Holy Moly!!  I replied and said, YES!  I started immediately working one one, then thought, hmmm...maybe I better look through my blog and make sure I am thinking of the right one...well, I wasn't, so then I made another one.  In the meantime, she answers me and finds out that I live in Oregon and she is in the UK!!  Ha...and she needs the card by next Thursday!  I just didn't know if we should take the chance that the card would arrive in time (she was going out of town to celebrate).  Sadly I wrote back and gave her a few contacts closer to her neck of the woods and I hope it will work out for her.  I now have two cards for my stash!!  This is the card she saw on my blog, you can go HERE to see the original card that caught her eye.  I thought she was looking at one that I did where I used perfect pearls...she wanted two butterflies and she wanted silver and dark red to be used. 


The inside sentiment was generated on the computer as she wrote what she wanted it to say.  I used Beautiful Butterflies from Papertrey Ink and stamped with versamark, then used perfect pearls.  I used a Martha Stewart butterfly punch and added it on top along with three tiny pearls to the center.  The Happy Anniversary is a Hero Arts stamp that was embossed with silver embossing powder.  I mounted the scarlet jewel card onto a shimmer paper and then onto the scarlet jewel card base.

When I realized I was casing the wrong card, I made another one, again, using her colors:
I used a scarlet jewel card and mounted a piece of vellum onto it after stamping some butterflies for the background (I stamped in black, and then stamped off once before stamping onto the vellum so it would be more gray).  The white piece was stamped with PTI BB: tin types in sweet blush and then stamped with the Beautiful Butterflies using Memento London Fog, but I then die cut the butterflies using some of the silver shimmer paper, I also punched the butterflies from Martha Stewart with vellum paper and attached them with glossy accents and added the pearls also.  I didn't have a twine or ribbon that matched that red color, but I did have some white seam binding, so I colored it with copics to match the scarlet jewel.  I am sorry that these cards will not be going to the intended person, but I would be very sad if it did not arrive in time for her anniversary.  It certainly warmed my heart and made me feel good to be asked to make this card for her...and I don't even know her...she just found my blog and saw that anniversary card I made for my daughter!  Sarah I congratulate you and your husband and wish you years of love and happiness!

2 comments:

Marjan said...

I can imagine your surprise, but totally understand why this lady asked you to make the card for her, it's a real beauty! Pity the distance whas a problem! But it was a lovely experience!

anja curvers said...

Such a lovely card Colleen and what a pity that the distance was a problem.
just found out that you have received the crazy awesome badge from alwaysplaying with paper how great is that? I knew already that you are crazy awesome and I am a regular follower but it's always great to hear it isn"t it? Well deserved.