One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Seize the Birthday ~ Anything goes~

I am here at my home with my BFF, Linda from Lin's Craft Corner.  I grew up in the Seattle area but my family moved down to Portland, Oregon the middle of my sophomore year...and we have managed to keep in touch and become best friends through all the years.  56 years if anyone is counting!  I was 7 when I met her..okay now you know how old I am...however she is my "older friend" as she is 8 months older than me (tee hee...I remind her of that all the time, too!!).

So does anyone else think the new format for the Seize the Birthday Challenge is a little different?  Like, really there is no challenge...no sketch, no color combos, no word cues, no masculine, no feminine or baby or child or even youth...NADA!  so how does that constitute a challenge, I ask?  Well, no matter, I guess we all need birthday cards, it would just be nice to have some direction to maybe take us out of our comfort zone to try new and different things...JUST SAYIN'.

And with that being said, I did make three birthday cards to have for my stash...I will post them one at a time, just because that is what I do and how I know how to do it...(hard to teach old dog's new tricks, you know...although thank you Kim H for explaining how you manage to post three cards in one setting...!)

I pulled out Ruby Rose, hadn't played with that in a while and thought it needed some love...here is the first card:
And if you want to play along with this challenge, then go HERE and check it out...remember ~ "Anything Goes"!!
                                                       

1 comment:

Macarena said...

So sweet and soft colors! I love the stamped flowers! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday this fortnight!
Hugs, Macarena DT