One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Color Throwdown # 257

Well, I made two cards because I wasn't sure if I liked the first one, and now I am not sure I really like the second one either.  My father raised "mums" which is what this set is called"  Mum's the Word from PTI.  I really don't think mums are pink, or at least not a hot pink, but in the world of card making, I think anything goes, right?  But the colors did bother me a bit...so I tried making a second card:
So this one has the colors of mum that is more true, (except maybe that little one that has a bit of pink...do you see it over on the side?  Oh well, the challenge was to use these colors:
                                          
                                                                                                                                                                             So if you want to play along with this challenge, go HERE to access the blog and see the other cards the design team made.

                                               

7 comments:

  1. The colorscheme is not simple to work with, in my opinion. But I think you did a very good job on both cards! Ik think I like the second one best, but love that sentiment strip on the first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards with gorgeous flowers...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them both! I haven't had time to stop by anyone's blogs for awhile. I took a look at what you've been working on. You've been busy. Great cards my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think both versions are beautiful! Great layouts, too. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both so pretty even the pink! Since its a card I think we can make it any color....lol. Beautiful layout Colleen !

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful cards...I just love that PTI set!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think both are pretty!! Yes, in the world of card making.....anything goes!! Love the layout!! Thxs forjonng us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment...it makes my day!