One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

2nd Card for the Fourth

I saw the bike from Pedal Pusher with fourth of July flags and stars in the basket and loved it...I do believe it was a "Betsy" card...anyway, I thought I would give my next card a try with that:
Card # 2
 I die cut the bike off the page, then stamped it.  I hand cut the flag and star from an image in Vintage Picnic.  I selectively stamped the back three stringy's with stars (they are suppose to have cans for a wedding).  I was thinking...a lot of towns have a parade and the families decorate wagons, bikes, really anything...so here is my Fourth of July bike.  These cards are already on their way to my aunts to wish them a Happy Fourth and to let them know tha

All products are Papertrey,Ink
stamps:  Pedal Pusher, vintage Picnic, By the Numbers, Super Stars
           
  Go HERE to access the retro sketches challenge.

3 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh Colleen, this is just marvelous! Puts me in mind of many a fourth of July and decorating our bikes for the local parade. Love the flag and star in the basket and the elements that are off the edge. Great job!

Chris Dring said...

What a fabulous 4th of July card! Love that bike image and the star and flag you have in the basket, not to mention the stars trailing behind the bike! Love it!

Svitlana Shayevich said...

Oh.. Love it! Amazing card! Like the effect your created with stamping and die-cutting. And stars! Great!!