One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Make It Monday #77: Ink Pads As Watercolors

This is the last day to post a card for last Monday's MIM from Papertrey Ink...you can go HERE to watch the video that Dawn McVey made for using your ink pads as water colors for your image.  Truth be told, I tried earlier in the week playing around with this and was not impressed with my water coloring...so I didn't pursue it any more.  Then today as I was "skyping" my BFF and she was making yet ANOTHER card for this weeks MIM, I thought I best try it again...So I took down the tulip stamp from Friendship Jar: Spring Fillers and gave it another go.  I have a loooong way to go to perfect this technique...but these are the colors I used:  lemon tart, harvest gold, summer sunrise and finally orange zest...for the leaves:  new leaf and ripe avocado.
I tied the bouquet of flowers with some Twinery twine and the sentiment is from Fillable Frames # 7.  Okay, one thing I wish I had NOT done was add some glossy accents to some of the leaves and tips of the flower petals...but too late now!!

3 comments:

Linda said...

I think you did a wonderful job watercoloring these tulips. Very beautiful card.

Helen F. said...

Pretty colors and image, Colleen! Your card is beautifully done with this water coloring technique

Marjan said...

Nice! Love the way you tied the twine!