One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Monday, June 11, 2012

A few new cards

The last several days I have been purging...you know how it is...you keep every single scrap of that coveted PTI paper and all the pattern paper too...well, enough is enough...NOT PTI...I do save every scrap of that paper, but I had some pp that was YEARS old...and just taking up space...so, I purged...Then when I die cut something, sometimes I cut more than one...more than two, more than three...you get the idea.  And it all goes into a plastic bin...then that gets filled up and I start filling another plastic bin...unfinished coloring, unfinished cards, backgrounds that have been done and that is all...so I went through it all...and you know, I found about 12 clouds...imagine that!  So now I am all organized and almost everything in it's place.  I have challenged myself to pull ONE thing out of the bin every time I come into the studio (yeah, I wonder how long that will last!!) and make a card with it...hopefully I will deplete my stock of unfinished cards...so actually the first card is the only one that I pulled from my stash...it is PTI's Vintage Picnic...yes I had already colored it, and even framed it with a Spellbinders Classic Scallop Square...so I pulled out my Wrought Iron background stamp and stamped away using Summer Sunrise...love yellow and red!
Next up are a couple of birthday cards and I used the Daydreamer flowers...

and the last two cards I would like your opinion...I used a Hampton Art stamp...stamped one with hibiscus burst on white, the other with blueberry sky on white, I then die cut a spellbinders Classic Scallop Square and adhered it behind the stamped imagine.  Then I took a shade lighter...Sweet blush and Spring Rain and I embossed Fancy Fourishes using ZING white embossing powder.  I love how that came out...I stamped a simple sentiment, but this is the thing...do I add ribbon?  ...a bow?....maybe just a folded ribbon on the sides?...this is my dilemma...I actually like the white bow, but then I thought with the fancy flourish embossed in white, I really wanted to highlight that and wasn't sure if adding ribbon would take away from the pretty embossing.  If you want to leave a comment and critique that for me, I would be really appreciative.  I know most of the time it is what "you like"...but do you think it would add to the card or not??

Thanks for taking a look and leaving me some comments...now that I see them posted here on the blog,Ii am wondering if I shouldn't have actually used a white card for my base and cut the colored paper just a tad smaller...????  Thanks friends!

2 comments:

Cornelie said...

Wow what a lot of cards you made!! Great job!

Linda said...

Love all of your cards, Col. I don't think the two cards need any ribbon. They are beautiful the way they are. In fact, I don't even see where you would put them. Wow, you were on a roll yesterday. Good for you.