One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

A special Mother's Day card from Lily

Lily, my almost 9 year old grand daughter die cut this card, then she stamped and die cut some butterflies.  Some of the paper was made with reinkers and water color brushed...the inside has a special message for her Mama...my daughter...And right now she is sewing a "bag" for a neighbor friend!  Her parents, sister and brother all headed to Corvallis, Oregon which is about 1 1/2 hour drive from our home...her older sister plays club volleyball and Lily really didn't want to sit in a gym for two days, especially since they are the two hottest days we have had this spring!  So she stayed with us and we have been making projects!  I told her I would post her card on my blog...she is very proud of it.  And I am proud of her!

3 comments:

José said...

Oh how sweet is that! And it's a pretty darned pretty card too!

Linda said...

Wow, Lily. You are getting as good as grandma. Very pretty card. I know your mom is going to love it.

Marjan said...

Ofcourse you are proud, she made a lovely card and it is obvious that she is creative! How nice to share a hobby with your grandchild.