One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Friday, May 18, 2012

Make It Monday #66: Felt Flowers From Border Dies

The latest MIM from Papertrey Ink (go HERE to check out the video) shows how to use a border die to make a felt flower...Ashley used a scallop border die and a heart border die and one other one.  Then she rolled them to make a little bud embellishment.  I used the small scallop border die with raspberry fizz felt to make some small little buds.  For my card, I first stamped with versamark ink the flowers from Pretty Peonies, then I heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I then used some Distress Inks and a foam sponge to ink in the areas of the flower and the leaves.  My original thought was to have these felt buds nestled in among the full blown flowers, but it didn't look quite right to me, so I just put them down at the bottom of the card.  I stamped the frame image off the card and added my sentiment. 

2 comments:

José said...

What a lovely card. I love these stamps and they look gorgous with the embossed white. Great inking! Those little felt flowers are cute Colleen!

Marjan said...

Beautiful stamping, Colleen! Love those flowers and the colors you used. And I think you made the right decision by placing those felt flowerbuds at the bottom. Lovely card!