One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Make It Monday #62: Step It Up: Layering

Three different levels of cards were shown on the MIM at Papertrey.  I took an old card that I found in my MIL's house...it was a Mother's Day card from a couple of years ago.  She died last November and sadly her husband just died this March...4 months apart.   The family is cleaning out the house and I ran across this card I made her and decided to bring it home for inspiration.  This is the "Stepped Up"  Version of the card...I will show all three levels...
I added two layers of medium scallops to the bottom of the card front, I sewed a strip of hearts across the top of the scallops, I die cut all the flowers and the leaves,  I added bling to the centers of the flowers, I stitched around the card and lastly I used the chamomile ink around the edges of the card face to give it more depth.
This is the second level...stamped the leaves, die cut the flowers, added the hearts across the bottom.
This was the first card I made, I stamped everything.  The flowers are from Beautiful Blooms.
And this was the inspiration for the cards..

7 comments:

Cornelie said...

Great these flower cards! Nice job! I also like your children cards!!

José said...

Oh you busy bee! What a lot of projects. Love that flower. Great layering. Another shout out?

Suzanne Russell said...

Isn't this a great challenge? It was really good for me to deliberately think about the next step I would take in adding layers. You made a beautiful card all three times. I love the color combo you chose. Thanks for your sweet comment, I love hearing from you!

Linda said...

Great card Col. Pretty Spring flowers.

Teresa said...

Great job with the challenge. I like how you added the patterned paper.

Tracey McNeely said...

All three of your cards are just beautiful. Love the patterned paper on the third card.

LEG Studios said...

Such sweet cards! Love all three and them and you did a fabulous job of stepping-up for each layer! Your inspiration card is just lovely too!