One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Make It Monday #59: Computer Generated Sentiments on Die Cuts

Every now and then, you'll likely want to create your own sentiments and personalized messages for your paper crafting projects. Let Erin Lincoln show you how to do that easily and without fuss, while at the same time getting computer generated text perfectly positioned on your die cuts. It's a great technique to add to your crafting arsenal.  Go HERE to watch the video and learn about this technique that will open doors and allow you to personalize any cards you want to make.

I wasn't thinking I would be doing this week's MIM, but as I was making a little gift bag for a niece of my daughter's, I thought, well, why don't I type her name and wish her a Happy Birthday and print it out and then use the double banner dies...Only problem is my printer will NOT take the PTI paper...I got in trouble last night (by DH!!) for trying to use a piece of the spring moss cardstock when I was attempting to make tags with a sentiment on it...I will post those after this one...anyway, I found a piece of Bazzill paper and it was thin enough to go through my printer (although I was holding my breath as it was going through, hoping that it would NOT get stuck in the middle...because I "promised" to never use that paper again in the printer!)  All is good and I even managed to get it cut fairly well...and I like that I can still see the princess castle stamped on the face of the bag.  She will be 5 years old on Friday, so I took the "5" number from Movers & Shakers Sentiments and stamped it in the center tower of "5" castles!  so I think this qualifies and I can just get it in under the wire...

1 comment:

José said...

Oh poor you with the printer. It is a bit thick the PTI cardstock!
Great card Colleen! Love that little castle and the way you stamped it all over.