One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Make It Monday #45 Coloring Embossed Images with Copics

Well, this was an interesting and fun new technique...who would have thought to color on top of a heat embossed image?  But that is exactly what Lisa Johnson demonstrated here, if you want to check it out.

I pulled out a stamp set that I had yet inked up...Wildflower Garden...and Lisa is right, when you stamp the image on a darker color, like black or a dark blue, the images just pop once you color with copics.  so here is the first card I did with a stamp from the Wildflower Garden set:
I added some bling...couldn't resist, but I love how the leaves look...I used two different greens and they look so cool with a touch of the white embossed showing through, almost "frosted"...

1 comment:

Helen F. said...

Lovely card, Colleen. Pretty pearl accents and sweet sentiment too.