One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Make It Monday #40: Reverse Applique

It's Monday and another MIM from Papertrey.  This time you can use the sewing machine or you can use a pen to do faux stitching...First I took a scrap of Enchanted Evening paper and using versamark, I stamped it with the Fancy Flourishes and then embossed using some silver embossing powder.  Next I stamped the greenery from Love Lives Here:  Holiday and then I positioned one of the Vintage Ornament dies and cut it out...I placed the embossed Enchanted Evening behind it and then stitched around it...I added a little twine using a needle to pop it up through a little hole and tied it off...so it looks like it is hanging on the tree...A very fun technique, although the sewing could use some skill I think!!

3 comments:

  1. I love that twine extending from the card. It really does look like it's hanging. Very pretty! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. Great colors. You did an awesome job with the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great! love the greenery that your ornament is hanging from!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment...it makes my day!