One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Make It Monday #40: Reverse Applique

It's Monday and another MIM from Papertrey.  This time you can use the sewing machine or you can use a pen to do faux stitching...First I took a scrap of Enchanted Evening paper and using versamark, I stamped it with the Fancy Flourishes and then embossed using some silver embossing powder.  Next I stamped the greenery from Love Lives Here:  Holiday and then I positioned one of the Vintage Ornament dies and cut it out...I placed the embossed Enchanted Evening behind it and then stitched around it...I added a little twine using a needle to pop it up through a little hole and tied it off...so it looks like it is hanging on the tree...A very fun technique, although the sewing could use some skill I think!!

3 comments:

Marlena M. said...

I love that twine extending from the card. It really does look like it's hanging. Very pretty! ;)

carol (krillsister) said...

Cute card. Great colors. You did an awesome job with the stitching.

andie librandi... said...

looks great! love the greenery that your ornament is hanging from!