One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Make It Monday #31: Creating Backgrounds With Non-background Stamps Participants

It is always fun to try new techniques and to get more out of your stamps by "thinking outside the box".  This week on the Make It Monday for PTI, Dawn has asked that we look for a stamp that can be used as a background stamp...kind of like making your own designer paper...

So I thought about it and the first thing I came up with as I looked through my various stamp sets...was the Fall Elegance...I really love those leaves in that set.  And I pulled all the leaves out and set them on my desk...then I saw the acorns and thought..hmmm...how about some acorns and that little squirrel from Forest Friends...so this is what I came up with....I also added a strip of the Half and half and added some lines from the Background Basics Retro...this is it:
I randomly colored in a few of the acorns...just for fun!  Thanks for taking a look!

No comments: