One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Inspiration Showcase #6 - Embossed Glossy Card

For circle #6 and card...a glossy embossed paper was used and then sanded so the raised embossed part was not so shiny any more.  Then using a chalk ink, I rubbed it all over the embossed circle and paper.  For an added embellishment with the circle, I cut out three snowflakes and edged them with the same chalk ink and layered them on the center of the circle.  For the card, after embossing the 4.25 x 5.25, I sanded the whole thing and then rubbed three different colors of distress ink over the embossing...then I cut out several snowflakes...mounted them on a card base that I also stamped snowflakes on with versamark ink.  For my bling I added some "snowballs"...seriously, a friend had given me a package of snowballs and I love them and have been saving them for a special card...I think this is it!  My sentiment is from PTI 2010 Holiday Tags Collection, I stamped with versamark and then embossed with white embossing powder.
And here is the circle that will be mounted on my 12 x 12 canvas...another great technique.

No comments: