One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Inspiration Showcase #3 Trapped Embossed Resist

I stamped the words from Background Basics: Text Style onto my white circle.  (The directions called for the "Friends Definition Cling Stamp"..again, I did not have that and needed to improvise with something that had words.)  I then stamped a Hero Arts Solid Blossom stamp with versamark ink over the words and I heat embossed it with clear powder.  I then used Barn Door Distress ink over the embossed image and buffed it dry with a cloth.  I added a yellow button and some twine.
For the card, I used a blue/gray patterned paper and again, because I did not have the Large Fabric Design Cling Stamp, I used some stamps from PTI's Turning a New Leaf....I stamped it with versamark and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I generously rubbed Broken China and a little Antique Linen Distress Inks all over the card.  I stamped the sentiment from Beautiful Blessings on a piece of Hawaiian Shore Card stock and I taped them on an Aqua Mist Card.
Instead of the three buttons that Jennifer used on the bottom of her card, I chose to use one of the stamps from the Half and Half stamp set.

No comments: