One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Inspiration Showcase #1...an Online Card Class

Jennifer McGuire from Hero Arts (along with 5 guest designers) is doing an online card class.  Using a 12 x 12 canvas, we are going to make 23 small circle, hearts, squares, whatever we want (about 2.25 inches in diameter) and each little piece will be made with a different technique.. I am using circles, Jennifer used hearts...but with each circle that is made it will be place on the canvas...5 rows with 5 in each of the first four rows and then three in the last row...then we can add a word, like "create" in the last two spaces.  The purpose is to have on our walls 23 different techniques to give us inspiration when we need it...sometimes it is so easy to forget how much you like to do or use a certain medium.  It is sometimes easy to get carried away with just stamping or just coloring with copics...Jennifer is having us use a lot of Tim Holtz Ranger products...the inks, which is so good to be used with distressing and doing blending...so here are a few of the first ones I have done.  In the class Jennifer has suggested stamps and inks, but really she suggests we use what we have on hand...it is not necessary to buy a lot of knew products to do these techniques.

The first of my circles is made with glossy paper...I stamped a Penny Black Sunflower with versamark ink, heat dried it, then I generously covered it with Distress Ink Dusty Concord and then wiped it off.  The card to represent this technique was made with glossy paper and since I didn't have a background stamp, I made my own background using PTI Fancy Flourishes stamped with versamark, heat dried it, then I covered it with Distress Ink Peeled Paint...and I wiped it off with a soft cloth.  I stamped a sentiment from Beautiful Blessings and added three butterflies that I had already stamped on some glossy paper and wiped with spiced marmalade (don't you love the names of the Distress Inks??)
Circle #1 Traditional Resist Technique
Card - Traditional Resist

No comments: