One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Color Blend Stamping with Distress Ink

Something a little different for me...definitely outside my comfort zone, however, I loved making my own background paper.  I covered the paper with peeled paint distress ink, then using Picket Fence Distress Stain, I inked up the large Fabric Design stamp, misted it a couple of times with the Pearlized Water and then pressed the paper onto the stamp...rubbed it for a few seconds and then heatset it.  In real life it has a shine to it...then using two .25 inch strips of watercolor paper, I inked two strips with Vintage photo Distress Ink and adhered them to the green stamped background.  I die cut the sides of the card using the medium scallop die from PTI...I wasn't in the mood for "rolled" felt flowers...and I really like to make sure most of my cards can go through the mail without a lot of extra expense...now this will cost a little more, but those flowers are so soft and flatten out real nice, I don't think they will be an issue...then I added some bling.  Unfortunately I did NOT get this card made in time for the Inspiration Showcase Class...but it is a card that Jennifer McGuire demonstrated...and I nearly have my canvas finished...I have one more circle to add...and I just don't have the products to make it...so I may leave it blank, or eventually I may pick up what I need to finish that circle...



There will be a HOLIDAY CARD BOOT CAMP in November...online, a lot of designers...check it out at onlinecardclasses.com.  The cost was a little more than this one, but it sounds like there are a lot of videos and a lot more cards...might be worth it for more Christmas inspiration!!

No comments: