One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Time to Make Cards Finally

I had a chance to play with the Botanical Silhouettes again....most of the cards I made earlier I gave away to the OWH (Operation Write Home)...so I figured I needed some more in my stash and I totally love this stamp set...
First up is the Pink Poppies...I made 6 of them...used a little versamark on the solid pink, added a ribbon and button...I made a little box that will hold 4 with envelopes
the box has a little sliding strip ....all the cards are Thank you cards.  I will be giving these away to a church auction.
I spotted a cute little card on Debbie Olson's blog...she used the Falling leaves tree and a few apples, and the picket fence die...I of course had to add the little bitty bird!! 
Nichole Heady showcased the Garden Variety Stamp set back in May with this card..I used Year of the Flower collection, the carnation with vintage white ink, then I outlined it with the T1 copic to help Pop the flowers a bit more...I die cut a nestabilitie and stamped the trowel and fork on it...I used vellum for the sentiment and added a couple of buttons on the side.  I am putting together a "gardener's basket" for the church auction...bulbs, trowels, garden gloves etc...(I will take a picture when it is all put together) so I am making some cards to add to the basket...all on the garden theme...this one will go in the basket!

One of the Make & Take its at the Stamping A Faire in Cincinnati was this card done in Aqua Mist paper and the bird was stamped with the same color...I thought it would look great to use an assortment of colors...so I used red, melon berry and even a pink one...they look great....another collection for a box set of cards.


A few more cards from the Botanical Silhouettes ... I like adding the black outline around the cards...really helps define them...





No comments: