One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Playing with New Goodies from our trip to the SAF

In the preceding post, I mentioned getting a few new stamps sets...some were free, others were ones we purchased.  When Linda and I were back at my house, we immediately dug right into our stash...ooohing and ahhing over all our new fun goodies.  I mentioned an Archivers store...I purchased two stamp sets...one with frogs and one with a little girl...and you purchase honeycomb paper with the stamps and you cut out a shape and put it inside the card on the fold, so when it is opened, the honeycomb paper also opens...here this is what I made:

I didn't color the hair because when I used the T1 copics around the girl, it kind of looked like she had "gray" hair...so it reminded me of ME...and I was thinking I could give this card to a friend, like Linda, and it would almost totally look like me (well, okay, not totally, she does have longer hair than me...but it could be me!!  The center of the flower is the honeycomb paper...isn't that cool??

And now for the cute frog:

Aren't those the cutest ever???  I used my prisma colors and the blending solution to color the pictures mainly because you know the copics would show through to the backside of the cards!  But...the blending solution was a new find at the CHA...so had to play with that and I totally love using it!

The FREE stamp set for being at SAF is called Iconic Images and we did make several cards at the make and takes with some of the images...I really like this set...here are some cards I made once I was home:
 The pitcher in the iconic images....and a little stamp in the center of the pithcer...I did a two tone ink by doing a rock n'roll method on the pitcher
Can you tell I love this pitcher?  And I love how it looks when you use a couple of inks...kind of makes it look worn and rustic...the little flower on the side is from a strip that I purchased at Archivers...
Now for one of the little girls in MFT sets..."poppy"...I think she is so cute, and poppies are one of my favorite flowers...and I get to practice with my copics!
The background paper was stamped with Background Basics:  Music
Okay, how about a couple of more cards...my friend, Linda had purchased the Gracious Vases and she brought it along with her...which meant I got to play with it too...
Another stamp set that Linda had was Masculine Motif...so I made several cards with those stamps:

I bought some "Smooch" when we were at CHA in Chicago, just a few colors...I added some of the pearlized top coat to the dragonfly...it looks sparkly and kind of iridescent like the wings of real dragonflies, unfortunately, it doesn't show up so well in the picture!



No comments: