One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Garden Variety

Well, you know how it is when you have a vision in your mind of a card...and it doesn't quite turn out the way it looked in your head...that is this card...I was taking a spin off Nichole's card where she had flowers coming out of the top of the "garden gloves"...I was thinking, okay, now how about some grass, like the gloves are laying in the grass and to be honest now, I was thinking of the children's story where the grandmother knits mittens for her grandson and one gets lost out in the snow and all these animals go into the glove to keep warm...it is a very cute story...so my thought was that flowers could start growing out of the gloves as they are laying in the grass...and so I stamped some grass and added some flowers...then I added a strip of vellum with grass and flowers stamped on that and I tried playing with the position of the gloves and it just didn't turn out how I wanted it to...and I also wanted to add the watering can...but the dimensions didn't seem to fit...so scratch that whole idea (at least for now), I added a picket fence...just one, cut in half...kind of like a gate opening...then I put the trowel and little fork into the "ground", and one leaning against the fence...that is it!  I used a sentiment from the Tag It's #3 and I also used the sunshine impression plate and with a sponge, I added some yellow color to the top half and a little blue on the lower half...well, that is it...

No comments: