One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Make it Monday at PTI

Make It Monday #11: Embossing with Dies

Building on last week's message concerning the multi-uses of dies, Heather is bringing us another useful tip today. Have you ever thought of embossing with our dies? We've kept the technique in mind when designing them by leaving out the pin hole. You could even say PTI dies are made for embossing. Watch Heather's video to learn more.

so I tried my hand at it and decided I wanted to use the flip side of the paper so that the impression is raised rather than having the impression sunk into the paper...if you get my drift...well, here is the card...I stamped, I embossed, and I used the die cuts...after I made the impression, I added a little bit of snow white ink to the edges to help them pop out a bit more...it was different and kind of fun to play around with a "new" technique to these dies that PTI has available with their stamps...

I, of course, had to add some "bling" to these dress forms,and I stamped the upper part of the mannequin with Bitty Background Blocks..Thanks for checking in with me!

No comments: