One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Inchies

Do you know "Inchies"???  They are little squares of matboard...so a bit thicker than your standard cardstock.  they come in a few different sizes...one inch square, 1-1/2 inch square and 2 inch squares...hence the name:  "Inchies".  My BFF, Linda, let's see...how about BFF for 54 years now sent me a package of "Inchies" for my birthday...which is tomorrow..March 5!  We found them at a store in Seattle...didn't buy them when I was up there, and have since looked down here...the standard craft stores do not carry these little things.  I was so excited to get a little package of the 1 1/2 inch size to play around with today...she also sent me a package of clear stamps that have 10 different sizes of birds and poses!!  She knows I love birds!  and she also sent me some really cool Studio 112 butterfly dimensional stickers...wow, can hardly wait to create something with those little goodies!!  and one more...I know, I am not sure I deserve all this goodness...a pair of beautiful silver earrings with a purple four petal stone in them...so lovely.  anyway, back to the cards.  I loved the bird stamps and the inchies...so I made a card using both!  this is what I came up with:
You can see that the inchies "pop" off the paper a bit and that is without using any dimensional adhesive...because they are thicker than cardstock.  And this Friend is certainly "one-of-a-kind" and I am so lucky to have her in my life!

No comments: